Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{Beauty Must-Haves}

I've had a few questions via email and on my Formspring for what hair products I use as well as what my makeup routine is. I thought I'd answer here in case anyone else was interested!


I recently changed my makeup almost exclusively to Bobbi Brown. She came and spoke at a work conference a few months back and I was completely smitten with Bobbi as well as her brand and what it stands for. She believes that "beauty isn't about looking perfect. It's about celebrating individuality". Her makeup is super natural, gives great coverage, but at the same time feels light on my skin. Here are my beauty must-haves and a few reasons I love them so very much and would recommend every.single.one to you.




1. Bobbi Brown Corrector: This is the miracle worker right here. I naturally have dark circles under my eyes and this corrector brightens and covers those circles in seconds flat. I never used a corrector before, but now that I do, I will never go back!


2. Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit: This is a no-nonsense, award-winning concealer. Covers blemishes, dark circles and the like. The pressed powder that accompanies it sets the concealer for long-lasting wear. It's not super cakey and thick like some other concealers I've used!


3. Bobbi Brown Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation SPF 12: Love, love, love this powder. I used to use Mac StudioFix powder because I liked how much coverage it gave me, but it made my face feel sort of trapped (do you know that feeling?). This pressed powder can give you different degrees of coverage based on how you apply it (damp sponge, dry sponge, face brush) and it feels light and airy. Can't say enough about this product!


4. Bobbie Brown Bronzing Powder: I think the key with bronzer is finding the right shade for your skin tone. I went to Nordstrom and got help at the Bobbi Brown counter and they did a fabulous job. Gives me a glow without looking fakey orange. 


5. Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush: I was never the girl who had all the fancy makeup brushes. I told the woman at the Bobbie Brown counter at Nordstrom that I wasn't interested in having a million brushes that do a million different things. I'm a simple girl when it comes to beauty and I wanted to keep it that way. She suggested 3 essential brushes. This is one of them. It makes me feel like I'm at the spa every morning as I put on my bronzer. Feels amazing on my skin and applies my bronzer flawlessly. I'm a changed woman.


6. Bobbi Brown Face Brush: See #5. I use this brush to apply my pressed powder and love it just as much as the bronzer brush. 


7. Christian Dior Eyeliner Pencil: I've used this eyeliner since I was 14 and I just can't betray it - even for Bobbi Brown ;)  


8. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze: This is one of my favorite beauty products ever. This is the one Bobbi Brown product I used from the beginning. If you want to look flawless and glowing, you need this. Trust me. Uh-may-zing. 


9. Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara: I change my mascara pretty much every time I need a new tube. I just haven't found one that absolutely wows me yet. I got this one as a sample and I feel the same way about it as I do with any other good mascara: It does the trick, but it doesn't perform miracles... Do you know one that does?


10. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15: My makeup routine actually starts with this moisturizer. Gives some color to my face and evens things out. In the summer I just brush a bit of bronzer on top and add mascara and call it a day. During the winter I proceed with concealer, powder, etc. 


11. Morrocan Oil Hair Treatment: Oh my hair... Or shall I call it "the fro", "my mane", "the beast"... All common names for my long + thick head of hair! Don't get me wrong, I know it's a blessing to have this much hair, but taming it can be so tiresome and irritating. Morrocan Oil really helps keep the frizz to a minimum, cuts down on my drying time and it smells soooo good. I heard people rant and rave about this product forever and my friend finally got me some as a gift. Now there's no turning back.


12. Bobbi Brown Eye Blender Brush:  I use this brush to set my concealer using the powder from my Creamy Concealer Kit. I also use it to apply eyeshadow (though I normally only where eyeshadow on nights out!).


So there you have it! My beauty must-haves. Am I missing anything? Do you have any questions? Feel free to ask me in the comments, by email or on my Formspring. Really hope you guys enjoyed this post - I know it's different from the usual!