Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{Guest Blogger: Fairy Tales Are True}

Hi Explore.Dream.Discover Friends!  
We both share a love for our husbands, travel, fashion, and flat faced dogs.  Liz is away in Seville, so I am hijacking her blog to share with y'all my travel style.

Liz asked me a few questions:  
What's your travel uniform in Europe?
{pixie pantsswagg, infinity scarf}

How do you choose what to pack?
I lay it out before hand.  I start researching the weather.  I mentally prepare for a while in advance, and particularly think about an upcoming trip in my head anytime I happen to be shopping.  I'm a pretty practical girl though - so I know I have to choose versatile pieces.  
scarves?  i never go without one i love.  plus they are inexpensive way to change up an existing outfit.
{one scarf - three ways.  as a scarf, a cover up, and draped.  in france, croatia, and russia}

Your favorite shoes for travel?
I love my intyce boots.  I have them in black and cognac.  and i've bought them both, twice!
if it is somewhere tropical  I am usually in flip flops.  i know, not so good for my back.
if you anticipate any nights out and need a little height - in my opinion, wedges are the way to go.
or flats.  i have some leopard flats that have been my trusty go-to's. 

Do you stick with dresses or jeans?
I don't usually pack jeans!   I am generally a dress girl.  although I didn't realize it until looking back for this post... but i wear a lot of rompers as well!

Is there one clothing item you never travel without?
There's actually a few... So here's my top 4 travel essentials.
I rarely packed more than a backpack, but I was not away for more than two weeks at a time, and the whole having a home base in Switzerland helped.  

Whether you are backpacking for two months or a few days, you don't have to sacrifice style.  With versatile pieces, a couple of dresses, pops of color, and a necklace or two you love ... you'll fit it all in your carry-on and look stylish.  it's been done (:  

Thanks for having me Liz!!  
I can't wait to see pictures from Seville!
xo xo