Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Tree

{The Jamison Square Christmas Tree}

Last night I was finally feeling better and I had a case of the giggles for no good reason. Even though we didn’t do anything extravagant, it turned out to be a really fun night. I made some cookie dough (but didn’t get as far as the cookies…), and Corey and I took a walk around our neighborhood to finally admire and take in all the beautiful Christmas lights up right now. The air was so crisp, fresh and chilly. It smelled like winter.

 We walked down to the Christmas tree in Jamison Square and thought about last year, when that very same park and tree were covered in a foot of snow. It was a Sunday night and we walked from Corey’s apartment in NW Portland down to our now-neighborhood, the Pearl District. The streets were deserted and stark white, and the quiet and calm was almost eerie. There wasn’t a soul around but the two of us. Although the Christmas tree is still beautiful, I don’t think it’s beauty will ever compare to the way it looked that night when it was just me, Corey and lots and lots of snow.