Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back Up.

The day we left for South America, the harddrive on my MacBook crashed. I was heartbroken and frantic. I couldn't stop thinking about all the photos I might've lost. And I couldn't blame anyone but myself, because I hadn't backed anything up in months. I kept thinking about our wedding slideshow and how many photos I wouldn't be able to include- most importantly, I would've lost all of my photos from the week of our engagement in Amsterdam.

For 2.5 weeks in South America I thought (worried) about my computer. It was torture.

This story has a happy ending. The Mac geniuses were able to recover everything on my harddrive (luckily). I was ecstatic.

The moral to this story is BACK UP anything you would be upset to lose. Seriously. You think it won't happen to you, and then it does, and you will kick yourself because you could've prevented it.

Those are my words of advice for now. Above is a photo I could have lost. It was taken the day after we got engaged as we strolled around the city. I will never forget those gorgeous canals. I am nostalgic for them now.