Friday, April 27, 2012

{4 Reasons I'm Really Excited for The Weekend}

Happy Friday everyone! I am very excited for this weekend for a multitude of reasons…

#1 We get Henry back today! If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you know he’s been gone at a doggy training camp for three weeks. That’s a really long time to be without your child – errr, I mean dog  :)  – I can’t wait to be reunited with him!
#2 I’m getting my hair done tonight! This is kind of a silly reason to be excited for the weekend – but it’s been 4+ months and my hair is in desperate need of some TLC. It’s the first time I’ll be trying out a Dutch salon, but fellow expat bloggers Jeanelle and Ellen both approve of my new stylist – Walter – so I’m feeling pretty confident!
#3 It’s my birthday on Sunday! I’ll be celebrating my 26th on a very special (and wild!) holiday here in the Netherlands called Queen’s Night. We’re having some friends over for drinks before we head out on the town to celebrate both my birthday and the Queen’s birthday!
#4 It’s a three day weekend! Wahoo! Queen’s Day falls on a Monday this year so we get the day off work. Now, how anyone makes it into work on Tuesday I’m really not sure! On Queen’s Day, the day after Queen’s Night, all the Dutch people deck themselves out in orange and party all day long. I’ve heard it’s quite the ordeal and I’m excited to finally experience it for myself.
I’m looking forward to a fun and exciting weekend! What are you up to? I’d love to know!

I'm linking up with Ellen from Company of Clever today!

{Queen's Day photo by Merlijn Hoek, all other photos ©  Liz Denfeld}