Friday, November 5, 2010

Three Years

Yesterday Corey and I celebrated three years of dating. I can’t remember if I’ve ever told the story here on the blog, but my sister Cristina actually set us up on a blind date. It took a couple months to finally set it up (I was living in Eugene, starting my senior year of college, and he was working in Portland), but on November 4, 2007 it finally happened. It was seriously the best date I had ever been on. The conversation flowed effortlessly, he made me laugh a ton and we even shared our first kiss! It’s been an amazing journey ever since and I still pinch myself wondering how I got so lucky. Corey is the most sincere, loving, genuine and driven person. He brings out the absolute best in me and as I sit here trying to write exactly what he means to me I find that there really aren’t any words to perfectly describe the true love we share. All I can say is that I am really and truly the happiest girl in the world thanks to him, and I love him with all my heart and soul! 

We spent yesterday evening enjoying happy hour at our first date spot, Oba, and then walking around the Pearl District for First Thursday (every 1st Thursday of the month art galleries open up for free and lots of stores and restaurants have events and serve free beer and wine!).  The weather was unusually warm (almost 70 degrees). Much different than our frigid first date three years ago. It was a simple but special night. We didn’t take any photos, but I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of us throughout our relationship. Hope you enjoy!


Corey visited me in college to attend a sorority function. What a trooper!
I hate halloween, but we visited my sister in L.A. and got dressed up for a night on the town!
Cheering our teams on. Corey's a Trojan and I'm a Duck!
Picking out a christmas tree!
Hiking, one of our favorite summer activities!
On the balcony of our first place, ready to head out for my 70s rollerskating birthday party!
Snowshoeing at Mt. Hood
A weekend trip to Seattle!
Gorgeous sunset in Costa Rica
Iguaza Falls in South America
Grabbing a beer to celebrate our engagement in Amsterdam!
And finally, our honeymoon this summer! 
I can't wait to make many more memories with you, Babe!