Monday, September 28, 2009

Wallpaper City Guides

Have you ever read/used a Wallpaper City GuideI have to admit that despite my love for travel and research, somehow I’d never heard of these little gems. Thanks to the NEO-traditionalist, consider me enlightened. After reading her post I promptly popped across the street to Powell’s (have I ever mentioned I live next door to the World’s largest independent book store?) in hopes of picking up the Buenos Aires edition. To my dismay, they didn’t have it. But I did peruse the Antwerp edition and found that these paperback, pocket-sized guides are perfect for on-location tips and suggestions. They’re small but informative, and written for the design-conscious traveler. While they would be beautiful on display in the apartment, I have a feeling they’d be far too worn in and torn up to display after I took them abroad with me! Have you ever used a Wallpaper City Guide? What did you think?