Monday, August 31, 2009

Old Soul, New Heart

I’m feeling a bit blah today. Maybe it’s just a case of the Mondays. Maybe it’s thanks to all the excitement of the weekend juxtaposed with the monotony of the work-week…. Either way, I am simply in the dumps.

When I’m feeling this way, there are only a few things that make me feel better:

  1. A Corey cuddle sesh. I close my eyes and lean my head on his shoulder and somehow my sadness/stress/blah-ness disappears.
  2. Really, really bad food. And by bad, I mean so good (think fried foods, pizza, sweets…). And wine. Lots of it.
  3. And lastly, and sadly to say perhaps the most effective… Buying something. I know you know what I’m talking about. That high you get when you take home a new piece of clothing (or shoes) and envision all the outfits you’ll wear with it… Please say it’s not just me.

Well, #1 and #2 are most definitely being put to work tonight. Unfortunately, #3 isn’t really in the budget (I’ve been so good saving lately!). But if it was…. Or if I buckle under pressure… I know exactly where I’d spend my cash. The cutest new shop in the universe: Old Soul, New Heart. It is getting tons of attention in the blogosphere, and for good reason. I love how everything has a vintage, classy feel. Just looking at the pictures make me feel a little bit more feminine, don’t you agree?

(image via Old Soul, New Heart, via A Cup of Jo)