Friday, October 26, 2012

{Happy Friday + More Friends}

Happy Friday everyone! I must say that this week absolutely flew by. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting over my jet lag so I've been getting little sleep and feeling a bit zombie-ish.

This weekend I have a few fun things planned. Tonight, we're going out for curry + beer with a bunch of friends (apparently it's a British thing?), Saturday I'm treating myself to a facial (ah, can't wait!!) and Sunday I am heading apple picking with the girls! The weather forecast looks perfectly fall - chilly but clear - and the leaves are changing and falling all around us. This is definitely one of my most favorite times of the year so I plan on soaking it all up. Hope you have something fun planned for the weekend!

If you're cozied up at home this weekend and need some new reads, check out these awesome ladies! You might already know them, but if you don't, you will be so excited to add them to your list of daily reads. Enjoy!
------

Hello, friends of Liz! I'm Betsy, an American re/expat. That means I split my time between Washington, DC (where I grew up and where I'm officially living now) and London, where I studied and worked for three out of the past four years.  Stop by Betsy Transatlantically to read about how I try to keep one foot in the US and the other in the UK - of course, it helps that I'm in the middle of planning my wedding to my handsome English fiancé, which will be celebrated in the deepest countryside near the North Sea!  You'll also find a bit of style, cooking, and politics on the blog, plus a dash of humor and the lessons I'm learning as the #1 girlfriend of my new Labrador puppy, Charlie.  Can't wait to meet you over there - and, in the meantime, you can get to know me on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Hi Liz's friends! I'm Amanda and I blog from beautiful Okinawa, mostly about cooking, travel and life abroad. I lead a simple life out here {big change from working in Washington, DC!} and am so grateful for it. I love to ride my bike to the neighborhood farmer's market and create beautiful & yummy meals with fresh ingredients. Some of my favorites I've created this season are Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter, Rosemary & Thyme, and Cinnamon & Spice Pumpkin Pancakes with Homemade Whipped Cream. I'm looking forward to saying hello to you {or konnichiwa...}! (: