Wednesday, September 19, 2012

{Gardens of Versailles}

I decided to take a quick break from posting photos from my trip home to catch up on some European travel posts. This one is way overdue – from April!

Right after my mom left, we hopped a plane for a quick weekend in Paris with a family friend. You may remember – that’s when we made our wish on the lock bridge.

We also had the opportunity to go to Versailles on this trip. It was even more gorgeous and awe-inspiring than I thought it would be. I can’t believe we waited until our third trip to Paris to go to Versailles – big mistake! If you’re ever there, you must make time to see it. You truly feel like you’ve been transported to a time long, long ago. It’s a powerful, grand place that lives up to all the hype.

Here are some photos from the Gardens of Versailles… Tomorrow I’m sharing photos from Marie Antoinette’s Estate and the Palace of Versailles – enjoy!

 {Photos ©  Liz Denfeld}