Sunday, March 29, 2015

{Elodie: 11 Months}

Our little lady is going to be one in nine short days. NINE DAYS! Where has the time gone? Ugh… I’ll save all that complaining for later. For now, here’s what Elodie is up to just shy of her first birthday….

She loves to point at anything and everything.. and every time she does I am tempted to just bite that chubby little finger right off!

She took three steps over a week ago and now shows absolutely no interest in doing that ever again

She loves bread and cheese (yup, she’s mine!) but isn’t a fan of avocado (wait, maybe she isn’t mine…?)

She loves playing peek-a-boo

Is still too impatient for books – she bails about four pages in every.single.time.

She hates diaper changes, which makes us hate them perhaps even more 

She’s literally obsessed with daddy. If he walks out of the room, she cries, if he walks into the room she cries unless he is holding her, she gives him the biggest smile and laughs every time she sees him. I mean the girl is just madly in love with him – and I can understand why. Honestly, though, it does make me feel a little left out at times, but I hear these things go back and forth. I’ll just have to wait my turn for all that good love.

She says mama and dada (but not at the right people) and just kinda sorta started saying baby (we think).

She loves to clap her hands and wave hello and bye bye

We’re trying to teach her how to high five

She sleeps 11-12 hours a night straight. Still cries (hard) for 30-60 seconds right as we put her down and walk out of her room, but she calms down pretty quickly and then falls asleep within 10 or so minutes. 

She takes two 1-2 hour naps a day 

She loves Henry, but hates when he barks

She has started refusing her bottles at daycare 

She’s sleeping on a cot at daycare, but definitely still in her crib at home

She has five (almost six!) teeth

She’s wearing some 6-12 month clothes still, but is starting to venture into 12-18

Most of all, I hope I remember how madly we love this girl. Sometimes I wish I could record the conversations Corey and I have so Elodie could hear them later. It saddens me to know she'll never remember this time in her life. We are constantly talking about how much we adore her, couldn't love her more, think she's the most beautiful angel. I mean, we're seriously obsessed. I hope she can feel that love and will continue to feel it forever.