Friday, December 21, 2012

{Love for Sandy Hook}


While I normally don’t post on this blog because I’m just too busy with day-to-day life, this week I’ve been intentionally silent. Mostly because I just don’t have the right words to speak about the tragic events that happened in Newton last week. But also because I am just so incredibly sad, I was taking time to be quiet and mourn and think. Blogging about anything else just felt wrong…

I’m not sure how something so terrible could happen and I have spent so many hours thinking about how the United States can change things so this never, ever happens again. I certainly don’t have the answers, but I hope that this tragedy, yet another senseless mass shooting, is the final straw that wakes everyone up and makes us take action. I am praying that by the time I have children and send them off to school, I won’t have to be scared, but instead can think back to the horrific events at Sandy Hook Elementary as the catalyst to radical change that helped keep my babies safe. Maybe that is the only glimmer of hope in this unfathomable situation. We can’t let the deaths of these innocent children and heroic adults be in vain.

I’m praying for everyone affected by this tragedy. If you want to help Sandy Hook, here are a few ways you can do so:

Send your condolences. Sandy Hook has set up a P.O. Box  for such mail: 
P.O. Box 3700
Newtown, Connecticut 06470


Donate to the United Way fund set up to to provide support services to the families and community members.