Sunday, September 4, 2011

Under the Weather

Well, I guess two breakdowns in a month isn't too bad after moving to another continent, right? I haven't felt quite like myself the last couple days - I think I'm just overwhelmed, and on top of that have been feeling sick, too. And then, as if I needed the cherry on top, my phone got stolen (my brand new phone). It was just the straw that broke the camel's back. The tears kept coming. I had opened the flood gates. The world felt like it was ending. The rational part of me was saying, everyone is healthy, nothing that horrible happened, but the irrational part just couldn't stop crying. I wanted to call my Mom but she was sleeping. I wanted to feel at home, but we had just moved in days before. I totally threw myself a little pity party. I'm feeling a little better now, but still not 100%. 


The good news, no great news, is that we have friends coming to stay with us for a few days starting Wednesday. I can't even tell you how excited I am to have a familiar face, a familiar voice, to spend time with. For family and friends who are reading this - please, please come visit. We miss everyone so much already and welcome visitors anytime :) 


Okay, sorry for the sad post today, but wanted to give you an update since I haven't been regularly blogging. We don't have internet at our new place yet (which we really do love, it's just a mess right now!), so posting might not be as regular until we do. But I will try my absolute best! 


And by the way, here's how I often turn a bad day around :) A delicious Belgian beer makes everything better. Am I right?

*I realize I looked borderline cray-cray in the last photo. Let me remind you it had been a long day.