Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

A little more long form than usual... Just because I felt like it :)

Friday we took Henry to happy hour at the Sniff Dog Hotel, as planned. We were definitely not the only ones with this idea as the place was packed. Even so, I have to say, this was SO much fun. My cheeks hurt when I left from smiling so much. There is just something so fun about watching all these dogs run around and play. Afterward, we went to Bridgeport Brewery with my sis for dinner and some yummy beer.

Saturday I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we cuddled in bed with Henry for a good portion of the morning. Then I got a great (and cheap!) facial at the Aveda Institute in the Pearl. If you’re in Portland, I highly recommend going here. It wasn’t my first time and it won’t be my last. Saturday night we went out for a late dinner at Siam Society on NE Alberta. We wanted to try out a different neighborhood for a change. I am pretty particular about my Thai food and this place just didn’t hit the spot for me. The service was great, we thoroughly enjoyed their homemade ginger ale with bourbon, but the restaurant was freezing, and anyone who knows me knows I hate being cold! 

Sunday I made some turkey bacon, cheesy scrambled eggs topped with avocado and toast for breakfast. I surprised Corey with the ESPN 30 for 30 DVD box set a couple weeks ago and we watched one of the documentaries, and even though it was about sports I still thoroughly enjoyed it! Sunday we also got a chance to Skype with our new niece, Emma. She is seriously the sweetest little baby ever and just looking at her I couldn’t stop smiling! We are so sad we are all the way here in Portland, but are looking forward to meeting her in April. Sunday night we went to the Blazer game with some colleagues who are in town from our European headquarters and we got to sit courtside. It was a pretty amazing experience even though we played horribly!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend that flew by far too quickly! How was your weekend? What did you do? I’d love to know!

And because no post is complete without a photo... My very tired little Henry. He fell asleep like this during our Skype call!