Friday, February 4, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! Thought I'd try something new this week and play along with Lauren, a fellow Portland blogger. Every Friday she posts some statements, and you fill in the blanks. It's lots of fun to read everyone's responses and I'm finally going to participate myself. You should play along too! So here it goes... This week's topic is magazines, a subject near and dear to my heart as I majored in magazine journalism in college.




If I could only read one magazine publication for the rest of eternity, I would choose Glamour Magazine. It has the perfect mix of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and gossip! 


 If I were to run my own magazine it would be a lifestyle magazine for young people living in Portland. There are so many amazing restaurants, shops, weekend trips, etc etc to write about, and I am so proud to be a Portlander!


I buy my magazines (at the grocery check stand or via subscription) Both! Mostly the check stand, but I also subscribe to Real Simple and Portland Monthly.


I prefer my magazines (in print or online) In print, for now. Someday soon I hope to enjoy them on an iPad :) I promised myself that would be my reward if I got the promotion, and now I'm just waiting for the new one to come out!


The number of magazines I buy each month is... it varies every month, but on average I would say 2-3.


My favorite magazine genre is (lifestyle, gossip, home, etc...) I love so many, but if I had to pick one I would say lifestyle.


The magazines I read regularly are Portland Monthly, Real Simple, Glamour, Martha Stewart Living, Vogue, W, Harpers Bazaar (my mom subscribes to a lot of fashion mags!)