Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lovejoy Bakers

Weekends are for sleeping in, relaxing and all-in-all just enjoying good food and good company (those are the elements I need for a fantastic weekend, anyway). Corey and did all of the above this morning when we met our friends Jenna (one of my beautiful bridesmaids!) and her boyfriend, Zach, at the new cafe in our neighborhood, Lovejoy Bakers. It opened a couple of months ago and Corey and I became instant fans. Any place that posts the quote "Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; and good bread with butter the greatest of feasts" is a winner in my book!

Lovejoy Bakers sits on the busy corner of 10th & Lovejoy in the Pearl District. The space is open and full of bright, natural light. My usual order is the Egg & Fontina sandwich, which is served on one of their house-made ciabatta rolls. Oh. My. Gosh. It is sooo delicious. Probably the best breakfast sandwich I've ever had. Simple, but the ingredients are so fresh it makes all the difference. That coupled with a giant cappuccino (complete with cute leaf picture drawn in the foam) and you've got yourself a perfect Sunday morning spot to read the paper, peruse the net (free wi-fi!) and/or sit and chat with friends.