Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Perfect Monday Morning

I'm feeling a bit burnt out this week, but trying to keep positive and be thankful for all the amazing little things around me. In fact, on Monday I happened to experience one of the best mornings I've had in quite a while. It made me extra happy to be living in Amsterdam and has kept me smiling all week. Here are a few things that made that morning super special:

+my first cappuccino from our new Nespresso machine. Holy heaven!
+ Watching the Today Show on my iPad as I got ready for the day. I almost forgot I was in Europe!
+Husband biking with me to the train station. Even though he does this every morning, Monday it felt even nicer since we hadn’t done it in a while.
+The dry, chilly weather. My hands and face were freezing but I couldn’t help but smile and laugh as I rode to the station. Sometimes I look around and just can’t believe I live here!
+Catching the sunrise as I biked into work. The light was so beautiful it made my heart jump out of my chest (and made me super bummed I didn’t have my camera on me!)
+And this didn't happen Monday morning, but it's still making me especially happy. Corey officially accepted an offer for a job in Europe last week! Yippee! Such a relief and so proud of him :)


{Corey snapped this on his iPhone Tuesday morning when we saw another pretty sunrise!}