Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why I Wouldn't Survive a Day in L.A.

(image courtesy of Roadside Scholar)
Any out-of-towner will tell you that Portland drivers are slow, polite and slightly irritating. Not that I disagree. There's been more than one occasion in which I seriously wondered if the people behind the wheel actually have someplace to be, or if they're just taking a joy ride (at snail pace).

As much as I'd like to complain, I have to admit that growing up in this city and not getting the chance to drive anywhere else has made me quite the weenie driver. At least now I have some justification. A recent study found Portland drivers are ranked the #1 most courteous in the nation, with New York road-ragers being the least courteous. Pray for my safety if I ever move outside this city....