Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Picnic Lunch

I would consider the company I work for to be pretty laid-back. For most people, taking a lunch break away from their desks seems to be a doable daily break, but for employees in my building (quite far from the campus cafeterias), we often each lunch at our desks to trade walking-time for e-mail time. I've recently noticed this drives me absolutely bananas. By the time 2 o'clock rolls around I'm a fussy, restless mess as I've been sitting at my computer for about 6 hours at that point.

Today Corey and I decided to rebel against afternoon anxiousness and have a casual picnic in the sun. For one whole hour I ate, chatted, listened to some sweet Bob Marley tunes and forgot about my daily stresses. I think it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I highly recommend you all save your sanity and take your much-needed lunch breaks. It's worth it!

P.S. Studies show
60% of workers in corporate America consider the lunch hour to be the “biggest myth of office life". Wow. That's pretty sad.