Thursday, October 4, 2012

{Our Tuscan Villa}

I always knew that if I got the chance to visit Tuscany I’d want to stay in a Tuscan villa. For one, there are just so many to choose from, and for two, staying out in the country in a quaint and rustic Italian home just really appealed to me.

I searched far and wide for the perfect place for Megan’s hen do celebration and when I stumbled upon this place on Airbnb I knew it was the one. It’s located 10 minutes outside Lucca, so it’s a great hub to make day trips to Florence and Cinque Terre, it has four gorgeous bedrooms and three bathrooms, it’s updated but still has that Italian charm you’ve always envisioned in your head, and it has a pool (set among olive trees no less!). And maybe the best part: The price is right.

This place didn’t disappoint. As I was laying on the couch in misery, sick with food poisoning, I actually felt thankful to be sick in such a beautiful place. I acknowledged that it could’ve been way worse and decided to count my blessings instead of my misfortunes :)

Bottom line: If you’re looking for a place to stay in Tuscany, look no further! It really doesn’t get better than this

{photo #1 by Megan, photos #2 & 3 by Lauren, all others ©  Liz Denfeld}