Monday, February 20, 2012

{Weekend Recap}

This weekend we…

Met friends at a new (to us) bar in our neighborhood that brews their own beer!  Good beer, good company, what more could you ask for?

Made banana pancakes for breakfast Saturday and we lounged around for the greater part of the morning. Bliss.

I went shopping all by myself. I found Voluspa candles and pink skinnies (among other things). I remembered why they call it Retail Therapy as I felt like a new woman after my shopping excursion!

Went out for pizza at our favorite place on Saturday night. It was divine as usual. Then we stopped by McDonald’s for a vanilla ice cream cone. Hey, you can’t beat dessert for 1 EUR (TOTAL.).

Watched The Ides of March on my laptop in bed with my two boys (Henry is such a good cuddler!). I decided that was my favorite place to be. Ever.

Met up with friends at the Beer Temple on Saturday night. They have more than 60 different American bottled beers and over 30 taps! We stayed out until 3AM, which is not a regular occurrence for us. I know, I’m making us sound so cool right now.

Sunday we slept in, I made oatmeal with honey and cinnamon for breakfast and then we met up with family friends for lunch in Oud Zuid.

I made Baked Shoestring Garlic Fries a la Pinterest. I’m making another Pinterest-found recipe tonight! I’m on a roll!

And best of all, we Skyped with our niece, Emma. She turns one today! Happy birthday sweet, little Emma! I know you can’t read this, but someday I’ll show it to you and you’ll see how much your uncle and I missed you while we lived in Europe!


What did you do this weekend?


P.S. I'm also over at Mama and Her Boys today talking about how Corey and I ended up abroad - go take a peek!