Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pampered

Lucky for me, I didn't have a birthday this year, I had a birthweek! The real deal was Wednesday, but the last of the celebrations transpired today: A couple's massage at The Dragontree Spa. It was one of the many gifts from Corey-- he definitely spoiled me. Good man! Anyhow, it was only the second massage in my life and Corey's first. It was so fantastic.

The Dragontree is a small, holistic day spa in NW Portland. Their goal is to "
still the mind and mend the body", and they deliver. My delight was in the details. Everything from the ornate hammered copper sinks filled with pebbles to something as simple as the locker names (happy day, faith...) contribute to the overwhelmingly soothing atmosphere. The staff was genuine and extremely helpful and my massage was exactly what I needed. If you're in the market for a massage, the Dragontree Spa won't disappoint!