Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cooking 101

(photo courtesy of pairingfoodwithwine.com)

I've never been very handy in the kitchen. I'd rather fork over the extra dough to sit down and have my food served to me. That way I don't have to do any work (hey, I can be lazy after a long day at work), I don't see just how much butter they're slathering on my cuisine, and I don't have to try to navigate through a recipe.

But sometimes, what baby wants, baby doesn't get. The reality of the situation is Corey and I spend a sick amount of our paychecks on eating out. When we lived in separate abodes it was easy to avoid the grocery store. We changed dinner tables every other night (sometimes more, sometimes less). We wouldn't want anything to go bad....

But now that we've moved in together there's no escaping it. I have to grocery shop. I have to cook. Damn!

Shockingly, I don't mind it! Every time I concoct a tasty meal, I get more excited to try something more challenging and more delicious. I'm certainly not an expert, and I've got a lot to learn, so I've decided to share my discoveries with you along the way! Stay tuned for the first installment....