Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bikes, Brunch & Bowling: Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday everyone! How was your weekend? Hope it was nice and relaxing.

Corey and I had a great long weekend, but it was very eventful, therefore I'm not feeling very rested!

Here's a quick look at some of the festivities:

I rented us a tandem bike and we rode about 10 miles from the waterfront to Sellwood on the Springwater Corridor. We rode right along the water's edge. This was so much fun, and a beautiful way to see Portland. I highly recommend it!!
We certainly worked up an appetite on the bike ride. Luckily I had reservations for brunch on the patio at Veritable Quandary! I'm not kidding you when I say I had the best meal I've ever had here. If you get the chance to stop in soon, get the Dungeness Crab Benedict. You will not regret it. Plus, the patio is so quaint and romantic. You can't go wrong at VQ!
I think I might have gained 10 pounds this weekend! Ha! This is me with the Denfeld fam at Hopworks Urban Brewery. Fun fact: The chef here started his career as a pizza chef in the Bay Area after moving there from Philadelphia. He brings his expertise to the brewery with inventive options like the Backyard BBQ pizza, a spicy twist on a barbecue chicken pizza. And as great as the pizza was, the beer was even better. Try the cream ale (it's seasonal) if you're in the neighborhood soon. It's superb!Then it was off to Grand Central Bowl. One of my favorite places in Portland! I guess I shouldn't mention that the birthday boy got beat by a bunch of girls, should I? :P You can see more pictures here on my photo journal!