Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{If You Really Knew Me...}

{photo taken by the huz in Santorini}

I've seen a couple of these posts flying around the blogosphere and really enjoyed learning more about some of my favorite bloggers! Thought I'd share some of my own. Hope you enjoy getting to know me a little better :)

If you really knew me...
…you’d know I wasn’t a morning person. Talk to me after my cup of coffee :)
…you’d know I worry like crazy. Even though I know it can’t help a situation I worry about everything big or small.
…you’d know I love to plan. Vacations, my life, parties, what we’ll eat for dinner this week. Anything.
…you’d know I don’t eat beef or pork.
…you’d know I can speak Romanian (my parents met in Romania - I was actually the first person in my family born in the US!).
…you’d know I am ridiculously excited to have babies, but that we are going to fully embrace our European adventure before trying for any!
…you’d know I talk to my mom every day. It’s really rare that I miss a day and I wouldn’t have it any other way – I look forward to our chats so much!
…you’d know that I can be pretty hard on myself. I expect a lot of myself and sometimes hold myself to unrealistic standards, which can then make me feel bad. Luckily I have a husband who snaps me out of it and makes me feel like I’m perfect just the way I am.
…you’d know I have a major sweet tooth. I need to eat something sweet after every meal, even if it’s just a piece of fruit.
…you’d know I am crazy obsessed with Henry. I think it scares Corey a little bit.
…you’d know I get hangry pretty easily. Seriously, you don’t want to talk to me if I haven’t eaten!
…you’d know that I love giving advice and people often come to me to get it – from boy problems to job questions, I always have an open ear and usually some words of wisdom to pass along.
…you’d know I suffered from depression in high school and it altered my life in (what I see now) a very good way.
...you’d know that I daydream about doing more with my photography, but that I doubt myself so much I’m not sure I ever will.
…you’d know that even though I can be loud and goofy most social situations really give me anxiety. I hate meeting new people and speaking in front of crowds, but if you know me in real life you’d probably be shocked to hear this (my family is even surprised when I tell them). I work really hard to not let my anxiety keep me from doing things and meeting people. I’d consider myself an introvert.
...you'd know that even after 3+ years I still feel shy talking about my blog with friends and family. If you don't have a blog you just don't "get it" and it's really awkward trying to explain why I put my life out there on the internet!

Now, if I really knew you, what would I know? I'd love to hear! Share a link in the comments if you've done this or plan on doing it - I love getting to know more about my readers!