Monday, July 9, 2012

{Bruges, Belgium: Part I}

Last week my sister Anna came to Amsterdam to visit us! Having family in town is the greatest. Her trip was pretty quick - too quick (she arrived Wednesday evening and left this morning) - but we managed to take a fun excursion to Bruges on Friday. It's a 4 hour train ride from Amsterdam (which includes switching trains in Antwerp) and it is completely worth the journey. 

Bruges is pretty much a smaller, cleaner, more fairy-tale-like version of Amsterdam. It is speckled with adorable canals, quaint cobblestone streets and stunning architecture. And don't even get me started on the waffles, chocolates, frites and beer! So many ways to indulge in Bruges! I know it's not Paris, but if you have the chance to visit someday, I know you wouldn't regret it! 
{Photos ©  Liz Denfeld}