Saturday, September 21, 2013

{April in Paris}

Well hello there blog land. Per usual I popped in quickly and then didn't make a return anytime soon. Oops! I always have the best of intentions to give this space attention, but somehow it always gets pushed to the bottom of the neverending to-do list. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you already know that we bought a house (more on that later)! And that's what's been taking up all of our time on evenings and weekends. We've also taken a few fun trips to Los Angeles (to meet my adorable new nephew) and to Vancouver, B.C. (you know, because we were really missing using our passports!). I have so many photos from the past months and even year to share and I fully plan on getting them up here!

I'll start by looking back on an amazing trip I took to Paris back in April. I got a call from one of my best friends at the beginning of the month telling me she will most likely be coming out to Amsterdam and Paris for work (we work at the same company, score!) and would I be interested in joining her in Paris? I mean, you just don't say no to that! So even though we had just gotten back from South Africa and had many more trips planned that spring, I booked a train ticket to Paris for a weekend away with one of my dearest friends. We had an absolutely incredible time touring the city, eating delicious food and catching up after being oceans apart for far too long. These are memories I will cherish forever and ever.

A few highlights from our trip:
-Hot chocolate at Angelina -- how did it take me four visits to Paris before I made it here? You can't miss it if you're planning a trip!
-Brunch at Cafe de Flore - a Parisian institution. Amazing people watching!
-Dinner at Le Coupe Chou (not pictured, but trust me it's incredible!)
-And of course, pink champage and sweet treats at Laduree - as girly as it gets!
{Photos © Liz Denfeld Photography}