Monday, June 27, 2011

Festival of Balloons

Hello, all! Man, this weekend was packed with adventure. I have so many pictures to share, but since I already teased you with the hot air balloon I suppose I'll start there! After posting the photo I realized you all might think that I actually went up in a hot air balloon. And much to my (and maybe your) disappointment, I actually didn't. I did wake up at 4:45 AM to see about 10-15 hot air balloons launch up into the (early) morning sky. It was quite a sight to see. I went with my friends Meghan and Jenna (also aspiring photographers) and we had an absolute blast. We topped off the morning with some girly banter over cappuccinos and breakfast sandwiches. Pure perfection. 


So without further ado, here are some of the 200+ photos I took that morning. And if you're wondering.. Yes, seeing the balloons take off into the gorgeous blue sky did make me want to go on a hot air balloon ride even more than I did before!! 



{Photos © Liz Denfeld}