Monday, July 27, 2009

Case of the Mondays? You’re Not The Only One.

Every Sunday, without fail, I wake up thinking “Mannnnn. Tomorrow I can’t sleep in. The weekend is over. This SUCKS.” While some of my activities can make me forget these sentiments for little moments here-and-there, I mostly spend my entire Sunday dreading Monday. Isn’t that awful?

After I pout about it for a while, I then start fantasizing about what job wouldn’t make me dread Monday. Is there such a thing? For a while, I convinced myself that if I worked from home as a full-time blogger this shameful Sunday routine wouldn’t ensue. But then I realized something: If blogging is my job, then all of a sudden it’s a duty, a chore. It’s no longer something I do for fun. So maybe I’ve glorified this blogging thing a little too much?

There was only one way to find out. E-mail one of my favorite bloggers, Joanna Goddard, of A Cup of Jo and Smitten and ask her for the scoop.

Here’s what she had to say:

“I sort of dread Mondays, to be honest! I have to sit in my white armchair from 9 to 7 and blog intensely all day for glamour, cup of jo, cookie, an advertising blog -- and return a million billion emails. I'd much rather be outside riding bikes, hanging out with friends or just lying around watching movies :) 

Cup of jo is REALLY fun to blog for -- i definitely don't consider that work and it's so much fun -- but the rest of my work can be hard, like all jobs -- with contracts, photo permissions, budgets, expense reports, client reports, intense traffic goals, demanding bosses, long meetings, and the like...

Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for, but it's the truth!”

So there you have it folks. If you need to make a living off whatever it is you’re doing- there are some things you just can’t avoid (budgets, contracts, etc.). And you still have the dreaded Monday.

I can’t decide if I feel enlightened, or just more depressed.

Happy Monday to you!